Notts County Forum - So where do we go from here?
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
So where do we go from here?
23 November 2016 20:23 Post ID: #4011
Elite Veteran
I don't think that there can be many, if any Notts fans who don't seriously think we would be better off with new owners now. Alan Hardy seems to have ruled himself
out seemingly due to a mismatch in valuation if today's tweets are anything to go by and this valuation, whatever it may be, concerns me greatly.

There is genuine interest from another party (I know this to be a fact as I have been told directly by the interested party) but will a totally unrealistic valuation of the club by Ray Trew scare them off?

Any price attached to Notts at the minute won't have anything to do with the club's real value, which must be close to zero, but more to do with RT trying to claw back some of his losses. How can that be right? If you pour loads of money into a house but spend it on low quality workmen who leave it in a worse state than when it was bought, these costs should have baring on the value of the house.

I know that RT is a poker fan but this is a high risk strategy. Does he really want to keep funding this 'black hole' or properly cut his losses and sell for a fair price?

In the meantime, the January transfer window quickly approaches and if deal takes place by then, we really could be deep in the brown stuff.

Edited by runner_pie 23/11/2016 22:05
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
23 November 2016 23:02 Post ID: #4012 - in reply to #4011
Elite Veteran
I would think he wants to get as much as he can from the sale. The Club is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.
Like post
Like this post
23 November 2016 23:21 Post ID: #4013 - in reply to #4011
Veteran
We're in a mess Runner. We're as bad as I've ever seen us and we've reached a point where even die bards are giving up.
The club has value, or at least when assets are weighed against liabilities it has value.
If I were Trew I'd be happy to walk away longer responsible for the liabilities, never mind expecting to trouser a wad of notes.
We've dodged the Conference a few times under the Trust and I'm not sure our luck is going to hold.
I've not seen us play well all season. We've looked organized and structured but always slow and cautious. Last night we didn't have it within us to attack with pace or purpose to try and get back on terms. Sheridan doesn't know his best team, we're incapable of keeping a clean sheet and struggle to score.
Could be a long bleak winter.....again.
Like post
Like this post
24 November 2016 18:22 Post ID: #4014 - in reply to #4013
Regular
It doesn't help negotiations with HMRC dragging us into court on 19th December.

Like post
Like this post
24 November 2016 19:49 Post ID: #4015 - in reply to #4011
Elite Veteran
This might just be wishful thinking (it was last time) but I hope that the winding up petition has come about because RT doesn't want to pay the HMRC debt with a potential sale being close. We can live in hope.
Like post
Like this post
27 November 2016 00:03 Post ID: #4021 - in reply to #4011
Veteran
I was cautiously optimistic that Sheridans arrival would see us bottom out, but it doesn't feel like there's a team out there that I'd fancy us to beat at the moment.
We really need to get some out and some better players in this window. Centre mid and centre half just have to improve to give us a chance in matches and stop us being such a timid bunch of lightweights.
Like post
Like this post
27 November 2016 08:47 Post ID: #4022 - in reply to #4011
Elite Veteran
I totally agree Optipez, but if the ownership situation remains, will the Chairman have the appetite to fund any new recruits? If ever we needed new owners ready to invest and with fresh ideas to take us forward, it is now.
Like post
Like this post
27 November 2016 18:23 Post ID: #4024 - in reply to #4021
Elite Veteran
Optipez - 27/11/2016 00:03

I was cautiously optimistic that Sheridans arrival would see us bottom out, but it doesn't feel like there's a team out there that I'd fancy us to beat at the moment.
We really need to get some out and some better players in this window. Centre mid and centre half just have to improve to give us a chance in matches and stop us being such a timid bunch of lightweights.

The problems have been compounded by the JS signings, not solved. Would you trust him to try again?
Like post
Like this post
27 November 2016 23:42 Post ID: #4025 - in reply to #4011
Veteran
I have my misgivings uysapie, but if we sack him we end up doing Einstein's definition of madness. Repeating the same actions and expecting a different result.
Curle is on his third season at Carlisle, Allen the same at Barnet. Sheridan signed eight, two on loan I think. I would say that Forte, Collin, Tootle ,Collins and O'conner have been okay, Dickenson moderate Duffy and Laing a disappointment and Rodman a waste of a wage.
If he signs four in the window and two turn out okay one moderate and one good then that's probably about par for the course, nobody gets all the signings right.
I don't want to sack another manager, I was happyish until a fortnight ago but have to admit we aren't and haven't played well all season and fifth always felt a false position.
I don't expect us to sign a better manager with Trew at the helm this season, so after a long winded answer I would persist with him.
Like post
Like this post
28 November 2016 16:52 Post ID: #4026 - in reply to #4025
Elite Veteran
Agree, I don't see that we have any other option. We need to get rid of dross especially Rodman.
Like post
Like this post
29 November 2016 07:41 Post ID: #4028 - in reply to #4026
Elite Veteran
Many of the signings have been a disappointment and they have clearly disappointed JS himself but we have to give him time. It would take any manager 2 to 3 windows to truly start shaping the team that he wants and Sheridan's recorded alone shows that he has to be worth persevering with.

The only thing I would say is that he needs to be prepared to drop his signings when they don't perform. Audel has barely put a foot wrong this season yet he can't even get a look in.

Edited by runner_pie 29/11/2016 07:43
Like post
Like this post
29 November 2016 16:40 Post ID: #4029 - in reply to #4028
Elite Veteran
Goes back to the question of whether JS is still giving players a lift and is frightened to drop his own signings.
Like post
Like this post
29 November 2016 21:50 Post ID: #4030 - in reply to #4011
Veteran
It's not so much the team selection that bothers me, but the formation.
Forte should be up the middle, Campbell is better out wide, he's just too small to play as a striker.
Duffy just isn't suited to right back, and so on.
Sheridan has been hamstrung having Oliver and Stead both missing , but hasn't helped himself, playing Collins and Campbell up front with Forte wide.
I think we've all watched managers lose the plot, and I think it's the combination of having too many poor options, with stand out men who nail a shirt down and pressure to get results.
As it stands, there isn't one single player I'd be gutted about if they left at Christmas because they're all a bit samey.
Like post
Like this post
29 November 2016 21:50 Post ID: #4031 - in reply to #4011
Veteran
It's not so much the team selection that bothers me, but the formation.
Forte should be up the middle, Campbell is better out wide, he's just too small to play as a striker.
Duffy just isn't suited to right back, and so on.
Sheridan has been hamstrung having Oliver and Stead both missing , but hasn't helped himself, playing Collins and Campbell up front with Forte wide.
I think we've all watched managers lose the plot, and I think it's the combination of having too many poor options, with stand out men who nail a shirt down and pressure to get results.
As it stands, there isn't one single player I'd be gutted about if they left at Christmas because they're all a bit samey.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>