Notts County Forum - Making Meadow Lane a fortress
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Making Meadow Lane a fortress
24 October 2016 09:53 Post ID: #3900
Elite Veteran
Plymouth are the only team in the country who have won more away games than us yet, at home, we continue to struggle. So what is the cause: the formation, the personnel, the crowd, is it a mental thing?

We clearly have the right players and formation for an away team but at home the onus is on us to set the tone and be more attack minded. I think we need two up front at home and pace down the flanks (in either a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2) as so often our approach play has been laboured.

As for the long suffering crowd, I always think that there's positivity at the start but as mistakes creep in, the negativity increases, which to an extent is understandable. Sadly though, the likes of Hollis are allowed one mistake before some of the crowd turns whereas others can make several without the same reaction. Once the negativity sets in, it must make it much harder for the players.

Let's hope that we rise to the occasion on Saturday.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 October 2016 15:51 Post ID: #3901 - in reply to #3900
Elite Veteran
Do a Leicester? Play at home the same as we do away? The fans wouldn't like it.

Learn to defend a lead.

We need two up front so 3-1-4-2?
Like post
Like this post
24 October 2016 16:30 Post ID: #3902 - in reply to #3900
Elite Veteran
If it's effective, then I would have problem with it. At the end of the day, we should play to our strengths and as long as the players know their role and do their job properly, then the results will come and the fans will be happy. I guess the problem comes when the away team set up in the same way and that's when we need to be able to adapt.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>