Notts County Forum - The state of play
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
The state of play
10 September 2016 18:55 Post ID: #3684
Elite Veteran
So Ray Trew is back as Chairman, the club is still for sale but there is sign of any buyer on the horizon. I suppose the only thing that has surprised me is that he has become the Chairman once again. I wonder if RT is actively seeking a sale or the club is for sale in the sense that he will consider any realistic offers if they materialise.

If it is a race between RT and Fawaz to see who can sell their club first, I think we could be in for a long wait before we find out the answer.

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 September 2016 20:56 Post ID: #3687 - in reply to #3684
Elite Veteran
As long as he takes a back seat, it doesn't matter.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2016 20:58 Post ID: #3688 - in reply to #3684
Veteran
Doesn't matter who owns us as the transfer window is tight shut til Christmas .
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2016 12:04 Post ID: #3691 - in reply to #3684
Elite Veteran
I sort of understand what you are both saying but, at a time when we can't get over 4000 home fans when season ticket holders could bring a friend for free and we were unbeaten in 4 games, I hope that the directors are putting a plan in place to take the club forwards. Ultimately, success on the pitch is easily the biggest single factor in getting the fans back but for me, the return of Ray Trew as Chairman is significant as this seems to suggest a change of heart for him. He must have taken this decision for a reason and one way or another, it will surely have some sort of impact on our club moving forwards.
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2016 16:52 Post ID: #3692 - in reply to #3684
Veteran
Despite how poor we were yesterday the last thing I want is RT getting too involved as that always ends up with a sacking.
I'm just hoping for mid table , a youth team player or two to make the first team and some entertainment along the way.
I think it's unrealistic to expect Sheridan with an average budget to turn around the five year malaise at the club and make us promotion contenders straight away.
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2016 19:33 Post ID: #3693 - in reply to #3684
Elite Veteran
That's a very fair set of hopes Optipez. Can I throw in improved home form too?
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2016 19:36 Post ID: #3694 - in reply to #3684
Veteran
Can't get much worse, let's throw it in the wish list.
Like post
Like this post
12 September 2016 13:10 Post ID: #3695 - in reply to #3692
Elite Veteran
Optipez - 11/9/2016 16:52

Despite how poor we were yesterday the last thing I want is RT getting too involved as that always ends up with a sacking.
I'm just hoping for mid table , a youth team player or two to make the first team and some entertainment along the way.
I think it's unrealistic to expect Sheridan with an average budget to turn around the five year malaise at the club and make us promotion contenders straight away.

Not too impressed with some of his signings so far. Does travelling to Meadow Lane with some of them create a clique?
Like post
Like this post
12 September 2016 16:34 Post ID: #3696 - in reply to #3695
Regular
uysapie - 12/9/2016 13:10

Not too impressed with some of his signings so far. Does travelling to Meadow Lane with some of them create a clique?

Funny you should mention a clique I was talking to my sister today and she says she read something on line that there is unrest in the dressing room.

I don't do twitter or facebook so can't verify the above.
Like post
Like this post
12 September 2016 18:23 Post ID: #3697 - in reply to #3696
Elite Veteran
Oldstripy - 12/9/2016 16:34

uysapie - 12/9/2016 13:10

Funny you should mention a clique I was talking to my sister today and she says she read something on line that there is unrest in the dressing room.

I don't do twitter or facebook so can't verify the above.

Me neither so we'll have to wait and see.
Like post
Like this post
12 September 2016 18:42 Post ID: #3698 - in reply to #3684
Elite Veteran
I'm on Twitter but haven't seen anything like that posted. It is very easy to miss things being said on Twitter though. I think that the manner of defeat on Saturday has understandably resulted in a very negative reaction from fans and that is when rumours like these start to circulate (I'm certainly not claiming that they are untrue or otherwise). Early indications this season were that those sort of depressing displays were going to become a thing of the past, which makes it even harder to swallow. Let's be honest, we've not had a great start and we've not had a terrible start either.

Some players have certainly failed to hit any heights yet (Collin, Rodman and Tootle in particular for me) whereas others have shown promise but also had off days (O'Connor instantly springs to mind). This is going to be a long term project for JS and it certainly wasn't going to be solved in one transfer window but I believe that we haven't seen the best from this team yet. One thing's for sure: nothing is more needed than a solid, entertaining win in front of our own fans. It can't come soon enough!

Edited by runner_pie 12/9/2016 18:49
Like post
Like this post
12 September 2016 23:50 Post ID: #3699 - in reply to #3698
Elite Veteran
runner_pie - 12/9/2016 18:42

I'm on Twitter but haven't seen anything like that posted. It is very easy to miss things being said on Twitter though. I think that the manner of defeat on Saturday has understandably resulted in a very negative reaction from fans and that is when rumours like these start to circulate (I'm certainly not claiming that they are untrue or otherwise). Early indications this season were that those sort of depressing displays were going to become a thing of the past, which makes it even harder to swallow. Let's be honest, we've not had a great start and we've not had a terrible start either.

Some players have certainly failed to hit any heights yet (Collin, Rodman and Tootle in particular for me) whereas others have shown promise but also had off days (O'Connor instantly springs to mind). This is going to be a long term project for JS and it certainly wasn't going to be solved in one transfer window but I believe that we haven't seen the best from this team yet. One thing's for sure: nothing is more needed than a solid, entertaining win in front of our own fans. It can't come soon enough!

A clean sheet would be a good start.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>