Notts County Forum - Disappointed by Notts: Team Magpies
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Disappointed by Notts: Team Magpies
09 September 2016 20:40 Post ID: #3672
Elite Veteran
Both my boys were signed up to Team Magpies within hours of being born and in both cases they were signed up to a Gold Membership Package which lasts until they are 16. So when I got home tonight to see a letter from the club's new commercial manager telling me that they want to bring an end to the membership in its current format, it's fair to say that I felt more than a little disappointed.

I should have realised that something was afoot when I rang the club before the Stevenage game to try to claim the free ticket my sons were supposedly entitled to have each year for having gold membership. I was told that they weren't sure what was happening with Team Magpies this year and so they couldn't give me a ticket at that time.

Now to be fair to the club, to compensate for their decision to scrap the memberships which still had 11 and 13 years to run on them, they have offered 2 free match tickets and £5 discount off a home shirt as a form of compensation but I think I will be taking the other option offered and ask them for the original £36 in membership fees back.

Now anybody who reads my posts will know that I am almost always positive about Notts and am loathed to criticise the club without good reason but if they want to re-launch and of course hopefully improve Team Magpies, they ought to be a little more thoughtful to those families who committed their children to the highest and longest-term level of membership. When you buy a product, you expect the terms it is offered under to be honoured and not doing so unfortunately leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

Edited by runner_pie 9/9/2016 20:44
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
09 September 2016 21:08 Post ID: #3673 - in reply to #3672
Elite Veteran
I can understand the frustration. One of the problems with long term commitment plans is that they always have an inbuilt element of uncertainty with regard to the future.

Have Notts offered any explanation as to why they have cancelled Team Magpies? I would have thought it was an excellent way of attracting the next generation.

I suppose the refund softens the blow but it must be very disappointing for your boys.
Like post
Like this post
09 September 2016 21:17 Post ID: #3674 - in reply to #3672
Elite Veteran
Rather than cancel Team Magpies, they want to relaunch it in their words 'as something bigger, better and more enjoyable for young fans'. The reason given for the decision is apparently that 'having gathered feedback from some supporters, members and my colleagues, I understand this scheme has in the past not been given the time and dedication needed to really make it work and so I write to you today to let you know that we have taken the decision to bring to an end the membership in its current format, with a view to relaunching it later this year...'

I understand the decision to want to improve what is on offer and make it more attractive to potential new members but I think that current members could have been treated with a bit more thought and appreciation.
Like post
Like this post
09 September 2016 23:11 Post ID: #3675 - in reply to #3672
Veteran
Doesn't sound very fair to me. They could close the scheme down but really ought to honour existing commitments.
Like post
Like this post
09 September 2016 23:33 Post ID: #3676 - in reply to #3674
Elite Veteran
runner_pie - 9/9/2016 21:17

Rather than cancel Team Magpies, they want to relaunch it in their words 'as something bigger, better and more enjoyable for young fans'. The reason given for the decision is apparently that 'having gathered feedback from some supporters, members and my colleagues, I understand this scheme has in the past not been given the time and dedication needed to really make it work and so I write to you today to let you know that we have taken the decision to bring to an end the membership in its current format, with a view to relaunching it later this year...'

I understand the decision to want to improve what is on offer and make it more attractive to potential new members but I think that current members could have been treated with a bit more thought and appreciation.

If they intend to relaunch, existing members should be grandfathered in, not have to start from scratch. Poor decision in my opinion.
Like post
Like this post
09 September 2016 23:34 Post ID: #3677 - in reply to #3675
Elite Veteran
Optipez - 9/9/2016 23:11

Doesn't sound very fair to me. They could close the scheme down but really ought to honour existing commitments.

Agreed.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2016 07:40 Post ID: #3678 - in reply to #3672
Elite Veteran
This is how my family feel about it (my 3 nephews have gold membership too). At very least, the club ought to have considered giving existing members, say, 2 or 3 seasons of free membership to this new improved Team Magpies in recognition of their support. 2 match tickets (an easy giveaway for the club) and £5 off a home shirt feels like a token attempt to buy us off and doesn't make us feel valued at all.

Edited by runner_pie 10/9/2016 07:42
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2016 08:51 Post ID: #3679 - in reply to #3672
Elite Veteran
I forgot to add that having broken this news, our new Commercial Operations Manager had the temerity to finish his letter with a 'You Pies!'

Edited by runner_pie 10/9/2016 08:53
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2016 10:54 Post ID: #3680 - in reply to #3679
Elite Veteran
That's rubbing salt in it.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: