Notts County Forum - Caj85, Domdom, Elite, Oldstripy et al...
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie8
2.runner_pie7
3.Oldstripy1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Caj85, Domdom, Elite, Oldstripy et al...
18 August 2016 07:37 Post ID: #3465
Elite Veteran
Are any of you still out there? If so, what do you make of the team that JS had put together and any of the performances you have seen so far?

Uysapie and I do our best to keep this place going but it would be great to have some of you back.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
19 August 2016 11:48 Post ID: #3468 - in reply to #3465
Veteran
Sorry people, I've been a bit slack here.

I am quietly optimistic (even after the first 3 games without a win) about our chances of making a go for the playoffs this year.

I would still like to see Izale given a chance again although I can see why having his wage off our books could make room for a couple extra players.
Like post
Like this post
19 August 2016 12:36 Post ID: #3470 - in reply to #3465
Elite Veteran
Don't apologise. It's great to have you back! The situation with Izale needs to be sorted swiftly. If he's still here when the window shuts, he has to be brought straight back into the fold. He is a far better option than Campbell and Oliver in my opinion (I know it's too early to judge Oliver but he hasn't impressed me so far).

Edited by runner_pie 19/8/2016 12:38
Like post
Like this post
19 August 2016 13:08 Post ID: #3472 - in reply to #3465
Veteran
Campbell needs to hit the target a bit more to be classed as a striker. I've not seen Oliver so can't pass judgement other than the wiki trial!

I do feel sorry for Loach as I thought he did well towards the end of last season, I didn't think a new number 1 was a priority over other areas of the pitch.

I like the way JS addresses the media and hopefully he can find a good string starting 11.
Like post
Like this post
20 August 2016 20:41 Post ID: #3473 - in reply to #3465
Veteran
Hi runner, I'm still here but only look in occasionally. I do feel a bit guilty in that regard as this site was 'vital' in sorting my little spat on MAD, so I feel a bit in debt. Full marks to you and uysapie for keeping it going, I actually prefer it as a forum in everything but volume of posts. Sadly the vast majority seem to prefer MAD or PON, and numbers tend to dictate as the more opinions (even the disagreeable ones), the better the forum.

As to your original question, I'm still unsure as to the quality of the squad we have (mid table at best in my opinion), but I do have confidence in the manager. Sheridan is as good as we are likely to get, so I hope he gets the whole season at least to show what he can do, even if it means short term pain. Fantastic feeling to finally get 3 points again, so let's hope we are now on an upwards curve.
Like post
Like this post
21 August 2016 08:03 Post ID: #3474 - in reply to #3465
Elite Veteran
You're exactly right about this forum Elite. Differences of opinion are what lead to debate and motivate people to make the effort to post and yet you don't tend to get many different opinions when hardly anyone posts! I'll have to post something outrageous and see if anyone bites! And yet this is so much easier to use than MAD. I gave up on trying to post on there when it wouldn't let me log in anymore and the latest version is a nightmare to use on my phone. It even seems to be quieter on there these days.

A great win yesterday, particularly when put in the context of being behind against what was an unbeaten team. There were plenty of good signs on Tuesday as well but having seen a couple of matches so far, I think we are still 2 or 3 players short of being a side that could challenge for the play offs.

Edited by runner_pie 21/8/2016 08:06
Like post
Like this post
21 August 2016 08:39 Post ID: #3476 - in reply to #3465
Elite Veteran
Funnily enough, I've just popped on to MAD and noticed a thread where many of the posters are now fed up of the format on there. Thanks for mentioning Vital Elite. I noticed at least one poster saying they wished they could all migrate to a new forum. Well here it is folks. If I could still log in on there I would go on and post a link to here and encourage others to sign up. I might try to sign up to MAD with a new login and put a message out there.

Anyone reading this forum who hasn't signed up yet, please give it a go. It's incredibly easy to use and if we could just get 10-15 regular posters, we would have a decent forum on our hands. What have you got to lose?

Edited by runner_pie 21/8/2016 08:43
Like post
Like this post
21 August 2016 09:50 Post ID: #3477 - in reply to #3476
Elite Veteran
Morning. Great result and hopefully we can kick on. Seems JS did learn something from the Plymouth game, not least that Laing is a vast improvement on Hollis.

MAD has lost a lot of it's appeal but unless posters migrate to other forums, it will continue to be the main board. I don't like PON, this site is user friendly.
Like post
Like this post
21 August 2016 20:04 Post ID: #3481 - in reply to #3476
Veteran
runner_pie - 21/8/2016 08:39

Funnily enough, I've just popped on to MAD and noticed a thread where many of the posters are now fed up of the format on there. Thanks for mentioning Vital Elite.

Just given this site another mention on MAD. It will probably fall on deaf ears as people are set in their ways, but no harm in trying!
Like post
Like this post
21 August 2016 20:41 Post ID: #3482 - in reply to #3465
Elite Veteran
Thanks for that Elite. It took me about 20 minutes to login and post a message on there this morning. It is an absolute nightmare on a phone. Totally agree with what you say uysapie and Elite. I find it bizarre that people aren't prepared to give it a try on here when it is so much superior to what MAD has to offer.
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2016 10:24 Post ID: #3485 - in reply to #3465
Veteran
Great result on saturday, I am happy that Stead is on fire right now. I think he got sacrificed a lot last season.

As you all say we just need to get the numbers up here and get a steady flow of busy topics flowing.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>