Notts County Forum - Did you hear the one about...
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Did you hear the one about...
29 February 2016 21:59 Post ID: #3287
Elite Veteran
The Englishman, the Danish man, the Americans and the Indian family?

A surprising mixture of people supposedly interested in buying the club if the NEP is to be believed. Obviously, I know nothing about the financial clout of any of the potential investors but hypothetically speaking, would you prefer a very wealthy Notts fan like Alan Hardy to take over or a mega rich new owner from abroad?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
01 March 2016 08:38 Post ID: #3288 - in reply to #3287
Veteran
Isn't it amazing the people that come out of the woodwork claiming they know something!!! Myself and many others are of the view that "once bitten twice shy" regarding who is going to buy Notts, but it's enjoyable to see and read all the speculation. Personally I have preference as to where the buyer is from, just that Notts County FC is run like a football club should be and not the playground clique we've been watching for a couple of years.
Like post
Like this post
01 March 2016 13:01 Post ID: #3290 - in reply to #3287
Regular
Alan Hardy sounds like the most sensible option... We have to exist within FFP anyway so an owner who's a long-time fan and has won awards for his current business would be very welcome.

Having said that, deep down surely we're all hoping a genuine foreign billionaire comes in with promises of getting us to the Championship or beyond, aren't we? It's just hard not to be skeptical after Munto.
Like post
Like this post
04 March 2016 10:11 Post ID: #3296 - in reply to #3287
Veteran
As much as I would love a fairy tale billionaire to come and pump their riches into us it's just not realistic and I would never really feel safe.

Alan Hardy is a fan with a good wedge that could give us a solid foundation.

However we end up with I just hope their staff appointments are not that of close friends and actually chosen to take the club forward.
Like post
Like this post
04 March 2016 17:49 Post ID: #3298 - in reply to #3287
Elite Veteran
I would choose Alan Hardy too. First and foremost, he is a Notts supporter and as a result, you would think he will always have the club's best interests at heart. Yes, a billionaire could see us rise through the leagues as quickly as Bournemouth but what happens if they get bored. The best thing about all of this I that there appears to be lots of interest in us.

Leigh Curtis today tweeted that John Cena and Vince McMahon are also heading a consortium interested in buying us. If true, that is both astonishing and bizarre. I can't help thinking that we would be turned into a bit of a circus but then again, we are used to that aren't we?

Whoever wins 'the race' to buy us, I just hope that it is done in a timely fashion as the club desperately needs fresh life breathed into it. Let's hope that Ray Trew's expectations are a bit more realistic than what is being reported or else we could still be in this position come the start of the new season.

Edited by runner_pie 4/3/2016 17:51
Like post
Like this post
07 March 2016 08:40 Post ID: #3308 - in reply to #3287
Veteran
Vince McMahon was rumoured to be interested in Newcastle a couple of years ago, perhaps they have the wrong Magpies.

To be honest I think he would make a great owner. Has the wealth and will make the tough calls on management.
Like post
Like this post
07 March 2016 11:08 Post ID: #3309 - in reply to #3308
Elite Veteran
Due diligence takes time but you would hope the sale is completed by the end of the season,
Like post
Like this post
07 March 2016 11:40 Post ID: #3310 - in reply to #3287
Veteran
Due diligence can be completed very quickly. I was involved with the sale of over £50million worth of assets which was completed in 72 hours!

This was a special case due to time restrictions and all parties working extremely hard with trusted lawyers pulling a string shift.
Like post
Like this post
08 March 2016 17:57 Post ID: #3311 - in reply to #3310
Elite Veteran
Don't the Football League or the FA have to get involved?
Like post
Like this post
11 March 2016 09:07 Post ID: #3314 - in reply to #3287
Veteran
The fit and proper test has to be passed at some point. Not sure at what point this comes into effect as Leeds owner hasn't passed it yet still owns the club I think.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>