Notts County Forum - Ray Trew
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie8
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Ray Trew
25 February 2016 14:08 Post ID: #3264
Regular
So Ray's reign at Notts County is over. Does this lighten the mood, or add to the doom, gloom and uncertainty?

Personally, I'm excited to see who will take his place, as it may spark a new buzz around the club and put an end to the negative atmosphere that currently surrounds it. The relationship between chairman and fans was irreparably sullied and a clean break is probably what was needed.

I'm grateful to Ray for his investment and the relative financial stability he's brought to Notts. I'm not so grateful about the managerial merry-go-round brought about by ill-advised hirings and often premature firings. For me, his cardinal sins were hiring Craig Short to replace Steve Cotteril... an experienced manager with that team could have continued the momentum - and not backing Shaun Derry financially after the Great Escape, when we finally had a bit of optimism and spirit going into the new season.

I hope that we've made enough progress as a club off the field that we'll be seen as a good investment. A new era beckons.... let's hope it's a bright one!
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
25 February 2016 17:43 Post ID: #3266 - in reply to #3264
Elite Veteran
Mixed bag. We may or may not get an ambition new owner but we have lost one who at least funded the action with share issues, not loans as others have done.

He did fund SD but he ( and Abbott) blew it on lousy loans.

I think Fullarton was a deliberate act to annoy the fans, gives RT an escape route.

I assume JF will have to try to get results to stay in a job? That will be interesting, given his dour approach.
Like post
Like this post
25 February 2016 21:28 Post ID: #3269 - in reply to #3264
Veteran
It's got to be a good thing imo, we have been limping along like a knackered old pit pony for most of this season and it should get the place buzzing again with any luck, true we don't know who's next to pick up the reigns and it could conceivably be an even worse proposition, but we don't know and I'm happy to go with the flow and enjoy the speculation and rumours for a while. It's definitely got to be better than the dire few months we have had.
Like post
Like this post
25 February 2016 22:41 Post ID: #3270 - in reply to #3264
Elite Veteran
I was certainly a little surprised by the news when I heard it today but something had to give. Our wonderful football club ( it may not have felt that wonderful for quite some time) needs new life breathing in to it and while we are moving into an uncertain period, I am hopeful that a new owner could provide the buzz once more. This club has so much potential but it hasn't been realised for far too long. I am grateful to the Trews for the role they played in salvaging the wreckage left by Munto and for continuing to invest over such a sustained period but it does feel right that we now look to move in a different direction.

I just hope that any new owner has the best of intentions, sufficient funds to take us to the next level and a better eye for a manager than Ray Trew unfortunately had. I know I'm not asking for much!
Like post
Like this post
25 February 2016 22:44 Post ID: #3271 - in reply to #3266
Regular
uysapie - 25/2/2016 17:43

He did fund SD but he ( and Abbott) blew it on lousy loans.

Not really. We had players like Sheehan, Liddle & JCR all leave because they weren't offered good enough wages... We were only so dependent on loans because our core squad was a bunch of bargain basement journeymen.

Either way, it's all history now. Hope better times await us!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>