Notts County Forum - Penny for your thoughts
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Penny for your thoughts
24 February 2016 20:39 Post ID: #3262
Elite Veteran
So he we are. I almost feel battered and bruised as a Notts fan at the minute. Recent times have been particularly bleak and it seems that more and more fans have reached breaking point. As a small but select group on here who tend to post more considered and moderate views than certain other forums, I wondered what all of your thoughts are if it isn't too painful to ask.

Here's my two penn'orth:

After the sacking of Moniz, Ray Trew said that he wouldn't sit back and let the club stagnate in League 2 and he would look to appoint a manager who would 'reignite' our season. Those words almost seem comical looking back on them now. I have always been a supporter of the Trews but I have finally come to the point where I feel we need a complete change of direction.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware that you need to be careful what you wish for as I certainly haven't forgotten Scardino, Bhatia and Strang and of course the Munto sham, but it feels as though too much damage has now been done to the relationship between the club and it's absolute lifeblood: the supporters. I also know that new owners don't grow on trees but there have certainly been lots of rumours floating around about a potential takeover.

As things stand, I just can't see what else can breathe new life into the club that I love so much. Jamie Fullarton is doomed to fail as rightly or wrongly, will never be accepted by many supporters. The only thing that could change this is a sustained run of success built on some at least vaguely entertaining football but we're a million miles away from that.

I'll be at the Dagenham game on Tuesday but I'm really not looking forward to it. That in itself sums up how sad things are. I know that some might not agree with where I am currently at but I'll be interested to know how everyone else on here is feeling.

Edited by runner_pie 24/2/2016 20:42
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 February 2016 22:21 Post ID: #3263 - in reply to #3262
Elite Veteran
I was less than excited by the appointment of JF. It was a slap in the face since he is our 4th novice manager. Al least SD had history with us.

Still, give him a chance I thought. Then came Wimbledon. Never been so peed off with a useless display for years. Still, he's new, give him a chance I thought.

Then came Orient,even worse. Then came the arrogant interviews. Not only was there no apology to the fans but he thought we played OK.

Then there is the Aborah issue and playing Smith in every game. Obviously he has favouritesalready.

He's had his chances as far as I am concerned.

The amounts spent on cancelling manager's contracts would have funded an experienced manager! The Trews seem to be afraid of employing anyone who knows what they are doing.
Like post
Like this post
25 February 2016 21:20 Post ID: #3267 - in reply to #3262
Veteran
The lack of any structure at board level has always been a big issue at the club, it always seemed that Ray trew wanted it done his way or sod off, The amount of yes men employed by the club it was always going to end badly, I'm not sure myself but doesn't Ray trew have previous form with other football clubs? Now we are at a crossroads once again but in all honesty I'm glad that the club is up for sale, again we don't know what prospective owners are going to do, but I'm sure we won't be going down this road again for a long while hopefully, it's just been painful to see such a decline in the last couple of years but there is only one cock on the block for that and he's calling it a day.
Like post
Like this post
25 February 2016 21:21 Post ID: #3268 - in reply to #3262
Veteran
Well summed up runner.

I am not anti trew but today's news was a pleasant surprise. Trew hasn't helped himself with poor managerial decisions (both sackings and hirings).
The fullarton affair has seriously killed off the majority of sympathy or understanding towards them.

Just hope someone with the best interest of the club steps in.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>