Notts County Forum - Is our long term mistress slowly bleeding to death?
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Is our long term mistress slowly bleeding to death?
20 February 2016 20:28 Post ID: #3239
Veteran
So is one of the loves of our life ready to go, or I'm I just being over dramatic? Many of us supporters have been through some shit times following Notts over the years and some absolutely amazing times when your love for your club was being reciprocated and didn't that feel great?

While over the years we have had good owners of the club and we have had some not so good, but I have always maintained my support and love for the club, fast forward to now and I can honestly say that I'm ready to say "f*** it" while the current owners are in charge of our beloved Notts County FC. Matchday is and should be the best day of the week and for many years it has been, but sitting there today, It felt like the life was being sucked out of me, the whole club reeks of despair and is like a lump of driftwood, direction and not much hope.

I genuinely don't know who is running our club, Mr and Mrs Trew I'm sure they are lovely people who have worked hard to get where they are, but their running of this club has been a lurch of one serial failure to another, and I cannot get my head around how many times the same mistakes can be made. From the board down to the manager it is the blind leading the blind and Notts County Football Club surely must be a laughing stock in football and its sorry to see.

Any road ive spilled me guts, what are others opinions?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
20 February 2016 21:09 Post ID: #3240 - in reply to #3239
Elite Veteran
We've been through bad times before and survived. The late 50's/early 60's
were a lot worse. I actually think the Trews want success and this has made them gullible.
Like post
Like this post
20 February 2016 22:27 Post ID: #3241 - in reply to #3239
Veteran
If we were still in the trust control i don't think people would be so down beat. Its probably down to the fact we know Trew has invested quite heavily on the pitch yet seems to skimp on the manager position that fans are disappointed.

Today was the first day i felt we aren't going anywhere since the trews took over and I'm quite empty right now!
Like post
Like this post
20 February 2016 23:35 Post ID: #3242 - in reply to #3239
I have been a supporter of this club for 55 years going to my first game at 4.
In those 55 years despite living and working all over the country I have never gone a season without going to a game.
Well it's nearly March and I haven't attended this season yet.
I watched the Salford game on TV and the enthusiasm isn't there any more, I went to bed before the game ended.
It was April 2015 when I attended my last game and at first I felt lost on a Saturday but now it would take a lot to get me to go again.
It's a worry Ray that once lost supporters are hard to get back again.
The appointment of a good experienced manager after RM might have been the catalyst to go again, but sorry Mr Fullerton was not that.
I believe if the atmosphere around the club is to change Ray you must accept that you have made a mistake and rectify it asap.
I would also look at the former 45 minute centre half who is doing you favours at all.
Like post
Like this post
20 February 2016 23:46 Post ID: #3243 - in reply to #3239
Regular
I wasn't at the game today, but looking at all the facts objectively beforehand I thought we'd probably lose.

We did, but I think a cagey 1-0 defeat under a new manager whose tactics the players are still adjusting to, against a team who are on a good away run, is not the end of the world.

Not that I'm feeling mega-impressed with the club at the minute, but why all the melodrama?
Like post
Like this post
21 February 2016 08:37 Post ID: #3244 - in reply to #3239
Elite Veteran
This clearly wasn't just about the game Domdom, as poor as it was (although I have seen numerous games as bad). It's a culmination of so many disappointments and to be more precise, so many mistakes being repeated when it comes to managerial appointments. As a result, every mistake being made by Jamie Fullarton, either what he does or says, is being hugely magnified and jumped upon by many supporters. While he should rightly be held to account for not making substitutions early enough and seemingly refusing to pick our most talented player, the level of criticism and indeed abuse being levelled at him is, in my opinion, very unfair, especially so soon in his managerial career.

The sad thing is, I think we could all see it was going to turn out like this as soon as he was given the job. Ray Trew said that he wouldn't let the club stagnate and he would look to make an appointment which would 'reignite' our season then he produced one of the most bewildering decisions I can ever remember. I worry how this is all going to play out in the long run. The Trews have always struck me as well intentioned, good people whohave backed us financially to a remarkable level but they have been dogged by making so many bad decisions. I will always be grateful for what they did but I have serious doubts about their ability to turn this around. In the meantime, Jamie Fullarton is going to be the unfortunate fall guy. Having said that, he can certainly do more to help himself, but in reality, he is almost certainly doomed to failure regardless of what he does.

Sad sad times.
Like post
Like this post
21 February 2016 09:19 Post ID: #3245 - in reply to #3239
Regular
Good post and I totally understand where people are coming from to some extent... But Fullarton's won 3 out of his first 6 games, plays 4-4-2 (like many were demanding), plays a relatively settled back 4 and is trying to bring defensive structure to a team that had none.

Yes, he's also had some limp defeats, but playing devil's advocate, he could have done a lot worse. I want to see what he can do. I fully recognise that it's easier for me to say that when I'm not paying to go to games though!
Like post
Like this post
21 February 2016 10:37 Post ID: #3246 - in reply to #3239
Elite Veteran
I agree Domdom. If John Sheridan or Mark Cooper had come in and made exactly the same decisions as Fullarton and got exactly the same results, I am certain that they wouldn't be getting the abuse that Fullarton is receiving. I feel really sorry for him. If ever there was a job that wasn't appropriate for a novice manager to be cutting their teeth it was this one. one should be getting abuse but criticism should be laid at the feet of the people who appointed him. He deserves criticism for failing to make changes when the game is crying out for them and for excluding Aborah but certainly not to the level he is getting.

People are angry and are looking for somewhere to vent their frustration. Fullarton is copping most of the flack but to me that is very misdirected.
Like post
Like this post
21 February 2016 12:48 Post ID: #3247 - in reply to #3239
Veteran
While I tend to agree with what is being said about Fullarton, the poor bloke is on a hiding to nothing and while I really have nothing against him, he isn't helping himself either. The bloke I want to come out and explain himself is Branston, I cant for the life of me understand how the dickhead got a job at this football club never mind why is he still in the job and looking from the outside in seems to have free reign over all aspects of team affairs, I genuinely think, that get that arsehole out of this football club and there will not be so much anger towards Fullarton or the Trews, Branston has been like a cancer to this club since he came through the gates of meadow lane. If the board have any love for this club anymore, sack Branston now before its too late. BRANSTON OUT
Like post
Like this post
21 February 2016 23:20 Post ID: #3249 - in reply to #3247
Elite Veteran
Orient were dire and there for the taking. In his wisdom, Fullarton set us up at home as if we were the away side. No flair, no attacking midfield ( Noble as a winger?) and we were rubbish. Even worse than against Wimbledon.

Nobody forced him to apply or take the job. Apparently he talked the talk!

his tactics are OK for away games but we have been there before with Curle whose home games were boring.

We have tried 3 rookie managers, none of whom were really up to the job so what do we get? Another one.

From the outset, this was a poisoned chalice for JF. Away wins will not keep the home fans happy. I do not pay to watch that rubbish when we have better players in the squad than those on the pitch.

He is also stubborn ( no substitutions when it was clear that we were going nowhere) and arrogant. He does not acknowledge that it was a crap game!

He will never get the fans on his side.
Like post
Like this post
17 March 2016 12:39 Post ID: #3326 - in reply to #3239
Veteran
Sounding like she needs the kiss of life urgently!!!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>