Notts County Forum - I can't help but wonder what might have been...
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
I can't help but wonder what might have been...
23 January 2016 18:59 Post ID: #3074
Elite Veteran
Although it is very early into Fullarton's tenure, if today is going to be a yard stick of what is to come it appears that Ray's trigger finger has once again shot us in the foot. For all of Moniz's faults, he created a team that played exciting attacking football at home where we were picking up plenty of points. January's transfer window would have given him a chance to improve our defensive deficiencies but now we have a new manager who wants to give everyone a chance to impress (fair enough) but in doing so is putting us on the back foot in the transfer market.

We'll never know what would have happened if we had stuck with Moniz, but I can't help thinking that we would have built something in the long term. Now we're back to square one with a complete novice as a manager. I'm certainly not judging him on 2 games but it very much feels like 'Here we go again' at the minute.

Edited by runner_pie 23/1/2016 19:35
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
23 January 2016 19:47 Post ID: #3075 - in reply to #3074
Regular
I'm always in favour of long-term strategy over knee-jerk reaction. The trouble is, we seem to have the worst of both worlds. Trew selects managers with an apparent aim of building towards something - but we never get there. Why give in to the baying mob who call for a manager's head, only to present them with someone they'll instantly resent?

But hey ho... as I'm against knee-jerk reactions, I'll see where we are in a few games' time!
Like post
Like this post
23 January 2016 21:36 Post ID: #3078 - in reply to #3075
Elite Veteran
Every time we change the manager, we change direction. if RM was going to finish midtable but playing decent stuff at home, no point in jumping to an unknown quantity who can "talk the talk" but has naff all experience as a manager.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>