Notts County Forum - Reserve game at the Lane today...
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie8
2.runner_pie7
3.Oldstripy1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Reserve game at the Lane today...
12 January 2016 10:40 Post ID: #2828
Veteran
... v Doncaster Rovers, kick off at 2pm. Admission is £3 adults, £1 concessions. If you've got the afternoon spare it's a good chance to have a look at the fringe / younger players.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/reserve-team-roundup-pr...
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
12 January 2016 17:06 Post ID: #2833 - in reply to #2828
Veteran
A very comfortable 4-0 win. A fairly strong team: Loach, Wildin, Sharpe, Sarpong (Rutty-Smith 78), Amevor (Aghatise 59), McKenzie, De Silva, Valencic, Spencer (Gibson 59), Murray (Bishop 46), Snijders. We played well, definite echoes of the Moniz style of getting the ball to the wide men and firing crosses into the box. Donny had very few chances, we looked strong at the back for a change, and the 4-4-2 formation worked effectively. Some well taken goals, Murray looked sharp and Spencer led the line well but was let down by his final ball too often. Good to see the youngsters given a chance in the second half, though it did lead to a comedy moment - Notts had just made their fourth sub (Rutty-Smith) when the ref and lino consulted and decided he had to go off as only three subs were allowed. Someone was sent scurrying to the offices and came back 5 minutes later with the rule book, showed it to the officials and the sub was then allowed - the "You don't know what you're doing" chant would have been fully justified! Apparently Fullarton was in the stand but I didn't see him, Dryden was is charge on the touchline. I'd guess there were only around the 250 mark in attendance, but it's worth making the effort if you've got either of the next Tuesday afternoons free.
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 17:13 Post ID: #2834 - in reply to #2828
Veteran
How was McKenzie? I thought he looked very promising when he had a chance last year, of course he made mistakes but I think he could be a useful defender with a bit of guidance
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 19:20 Post ID: #2837 - in reply to #2828
Veteran
Both McKenzie and Amevor looked comfortable in the middle of the back four, although they were never under any sort of pressure. Donny did have Danny N'Guessen up front who is no slouch, but he didn't have a lot of support and they dealt with him well. Given our problems at centre back both of the above should have caught the manager's eye, and as much as I like Mike Edwards we should be looking to the future in our situation.

Edited by Elite_pie 12/1/2016 19:21
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 19:31 Post ID: #2838 - in reply to #2828
Elite Veteran
Thanks for the report. Who do you think would have impressed Fullarton the most? I'd like to see Murray getting more of a look in now, even if he is played out wide as whenever he plays, he causes problems for the opposition and tries to take the game to them.

Sorry Elite, for some reason I didn't see your last post before I posted this! Good to see some defenders pushing their case for a first team place.

Edited by runner_pie 12/1/2016 19:34
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 20:12 Post ID: #2841 - in reply to #2828
Veteran
Murray and Spencer wouldn't have done their claims any harm, and Snijders always looked dangerous running with the ball at his feet. It's hard to know what to make of it to be honest due to not knowing how strong the Donny side was.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>