Notts County Forum - That certain 'other' forum...
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (8): « First
2 3 4 ... Last »
That certain 'other' forum...
10 January 2016 20:15 Post ID: #2823
Veteran
As some may know, I am currently banned from a certain other site. I have discovered something about that ban. The last thing I want to do is bring issues from there to this site, so I have posted on the Weymouth MAD site instead as it is unused. I would appreciate it if any NCM users could spare the time to have a look.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 January 2016 21:51 Post ID: #2824 - in reply to #2823
Elite Veteran
The site keeps crashing on me at the minute but I'll have a look when I can get back on it.
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 06:34 Post ID: #2826 - in reply to #2823
Elite Veteran
Sorry for the late response Elite. I don't know the ins and outs of your run ins with this Romanis character but all I would suggest would be to get in touch with the owners of Footy Mad and if that doesn't help I wouldn't bother with them anymore. I know that might not be that helpful but I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 10:34 Post ID: #2827 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
Thanks runner, but it's the genuine Notts mods I would like to contact, but I don't know how. If anyone has any details they could pass on I would be grateful. Failing that, there is a topic that's been started on there called 'FAO - Thommo', and the second post questions my ban. If someone could simply add 'See the Weymouth board' as a post that might alert someone.
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 17:02 Post ID: #2832 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
That does not look good at all for FootyMAD if this is true. How can they let a Forest fan with such an obvious agenda against certain posters become our MOD.

Have you had any luck in getting in touch with Notts MOD yet Elite?
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 17:18 Post ID: #2836 - in reply to #2832
Veteran
Afraid not, and guess what - the thread on there that I mentioned had a post questioning my ban has now disappeared!!! Something very strange is going on, hopefully someone will get a message to one of the real mods so things can be sorted.
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 19:39 Post ID: #2840 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
WOW!!! There can be no doubt that Romanis has an awful lot of power at Footymad - the entire Weymouth board where I posted my suspicions has now been completely deleted from the network. At least it is further proof to my claims. Luckily a few read what I'd put, hopefully one of them will make it known to the Notts mods what is happening.

Edited by Elite_pie 12/1/2016 19:40
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 21:38 Post ID: #2842 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
Further to that, I have noticed that in the last couple of hours every single post I ever made on NCM and any other Footymad site has suddenly been deleted, even from months ago. Romanis knows I have rumbled him and is desperately trying to cover his tracks. That sad thing is that he'll succeed unless someone makes the real mods aware.
Like post
Like this post
12 January 2016 23:41 Post ID: #2843 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
Thanks to uysapie for starting a topic asking about the bans, though I suspect Romanis will delete it as soon as he sees it. He has now made my ban a global one on all MAD boards. He can't answer the questions, so he has to silence me. Remember, my 'offence' was arguing over a TV licence!!! He is obviously getting very, very desperate.
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 09:50 Post ID: #2844 - in reply to #2823
Regular
Hi Elite, have you tried to contact digital sports group directly.

Head Office
Digital House
Threshelfords Business Park
Inworth Road
Feering
Colchester
CO5 9SE

E-mail: simon@football.co.uk

plm at it again this morning saying any more threads on getting you back will be deleted.

good luck hope you get reinstated.
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 11:31 Post ID: #2845 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
Thanks a lot for that Oldstripy (and Caj85), I'll give the e-mail option a go. His latest actions convince me even more that it's definitely Romanis. He is using a 'Plympie' e-mail address as a moderator, but the Plympie who used to post on MAD was always very reasonable and laid back, there is no way the abusive mails I have been sent have come from him. My e-mails to him have asked questions, but have never been abusive. In fact this is the last one I sent:

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. I found this part of your reply very interesting - you said "I can also respond in the same way and challenge you to tell me that in the flesh at a home game. But this would be to behave just as childishly although I know you won't have the guts to repeat the same things in real life." You are wrong - there is nothing I would like more than a civilised and friendly face to face meeting so I could fully explain what has happened, and exactly why I've written what I've written. If you meant what you said, I would be pleased to meet you (and any other mods) in the MLSB before any home game, I'll even buy the drinks. Wimbledon on the 23rd is next, I will be there if you will. Let me know."

Regards,
Elite

He eventually declined my invitation - the reason he declined was that the real Plympie was well known in the MLSB, and he would know that he isn't the real Plympie.

I really hope this can be sorted, if not for my sake then for the sake of the messageboard. I don't think many would be happy knowing they were being moderated by a Forest fan who filled the board with his sick abuse.

Edited by Elite_pie 13/1/2016 11:32
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 12:16 Post ID: #2846 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
That reply from plm2015 was very strange indeed. And closing a thread is questioning the powers who be is outrageous.
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 12:52 Post ID: #2847 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
plm2015 is posing as Plympie, but the Plympie who is in 5th place on the NCM all time poster list had just got married when he last posted a couple of years back. This plm2015 spoke of having to tuck his grandkids in, so something doesn't add up. I remember one poster on NCM, Touch 'em, saying early on that it's definitely not Plympie. If anyone knows the real Plym and could confirm this it would be very useful.
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 13:26 Post ID: #2848 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
Looks like others aren't convinced he is the original plympie
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 14:01 Post ID: #2849 - in reply to #2823
Veteran
At least questions are being asked now, and thanks again to all those asking them. I suspect if someone asked him "are you the Plympie with over 15,000 posts on here?" they wouldn't get an answer! So who exactly is he, and what makes him the right person to appear from nowhere and take charge of moderation?

As a first step I have e-mailed who I think is Thommo, a mod on there asking for him to look into it. I'll see if he replies.

Edited by Elite_pie 13/1/2016 14:03
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 15:24 Post ID: #2850 - in reply to #2823
Regular
Just tried to logon the other board with success, tried floist,derby stoke and Man Utd message boards all unavailable.

Edited by Oldstripy 13/1/2016 15:26
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2016 15:56 Post ID: #2851 - in reply to #2850
Veteran
It's only an online forum, but... this mad farce is being managed really badly. My guess is the underlying issue stems from the owners still in a strop because no-one took them up on their 'paid ad-free experience' offer and are struggling to optimize returns from the mad network. It's down again now, for all clubs so unlikely to be Romanis.

Elite, it's hard to work out why some person would take this all so seriously as to infiltrate the upper echelons of an online football network, but there's definitely something dodgy going on - you said you posted something on the Weymouth site - would you detail your thoughts here.

I had hoped that Vital would take over from mad, but only a couple of users made the move over to here, so mad remained the go-to place to read about Notts. Perhaps it's worth plugging Vital again now - but has Romanis already infested this network?!?!

Like post
Like this post
Pages (8): « First
2 3 4 ... Last »
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>