Notts County Forum - How was it for you?
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie8
2.runner_pie7
3.Oldstripy1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
How was it for you?
01 October 2015 19:24 Post ID: #2342
Elite Veteran
So we're 10 league games in and that should be enough to assess what kind of start we have had. For me, it has been a little frustrating but also there is lots of promise going forwards. The home form has been strong (we've not been able to say that for a while) and we have plenty of goals in this team. The defence has been the obvious worry but it has tightened somewhat of late.

The frustration comes from knowing that we could easily have had another 7 points on the board and be sitting very pretty. It just shows that with a little more steel and resolve, we can definitely make a real impact this season, despite what some of the drama queens on Mad might have you think!

So how would you assess our start?

Edited by runner_pie 1/10/2015 19:26
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
01 October 2015 21:18 Post ID: #2343 - in reply to #2342
Elite Veteran
If you had asked me at the start of the season, I would have been delighted to be 2 points off the playoffs.

Now, I also feel that we should have at least 5 more points in the bag from our attacking performances which have been let down by both our inabilities to kill teams off and defend properly.

But the start is promising and should be reviewed as we get nearer Xmas. The issue will then be postponements and a backlog which we have the squad to deal with.
Like post
Like this post
02 October 2015 08:55 Post ID: #2344 - in reply to #2342
Veteran
I think you have hit the nail on the head with FRUSTRATING! But the real test is this month, can we actually beat someone in the top 10?
(we have only won 5 games against the top 10 teams in the past 3 seasons - 0.08% win rate)

I am confident that we will be pushing for the playoffs at least come the end of the season and just hope we don't get serious unrest in the huge squad later in the year that could derail us.

Edited by caj85 2/10/2015 08:58
Like post
Like this post
02 October 2015 18:16 Post ID: #2347 - in reply to #2342
Veteran
Honestly, an inconsistent start was always on the cards. We seem to be settling down now, by game 10, and I think that's the measure of us: a settled first team that's improving. Fully expect Notts to lose little, draw more, and have the occasional flashes of brilliance in October.

More than that, RM needs to cut out all of these "shoot ourselves in the foot" moments that plagued us in September, and I think he will do that. He's looking astute and decisive to me, but he still needs to learn the art of subbing for advantage.

Edited by SolSigns 2/10/2015 18:18
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>