Notts County Forum - Moniz says ignore the league table.
Vital Football

Latest Notts County News

Notts County Football Club News

Vital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Notts County v Bristol Rovers
Suggested By:
Notts County win29%
Bristol Rovers win52%
Draw19%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.uysapie7
2.runner_pie6
3.Oldstripy1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Moniz says ignore the league table.
31 August 2015 23:06 Post ID: #1786
Elite Veteran
i'm not sure he fully understands the mentality of English fans, including Notts, who look at the league table, see us dropping, and start to fear the worst.

Interesting that he thinks 4 strikers is too many. We could have told him 2 is the best number with a stronger midfield, to say nothing of a defence with backbone.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
31 August 2015 23:26 Post ID: #1787 - in reply to #1786
Veteran
He's probably just trying to say "It's early days!"
Like post
Like this post
31 August 2015 23:33 Post ID: #1790 - in reply to #1786
Veteran
And he's quite right to be honest, give it another couple of months and if we are still down there( and I don't think we will be) then there will be excuses for moniz to put in print.
Like post
Like this post
31 August 2015 23:51 Post ID: #1793 - in reply to #1786
Veteran
I don't think we will be either, but it's a pretty dreadful start in terms of results. Probably shouldn't be surprised considering how much has changed. Other managers would have been better at hitting the ground running, but last year's squad needed shipping out and I wouldn't really rather a punt on anyone else more then RM. Now he has to justify our faith!
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 08:01 Post ID: #1797 - in reply to #1786
Veteran
It is about time notts gave a manager some time to do the job right, moniz is a proper student of the game and is attempting to change the philosophy of a club that's been floating like driftwood in a football sense for too long. Giving Derry the job never sat right with me, I didn't think he was bright enough to be a manager at any level and his management style was akin to how I used to play championship manager many years ago. Let's stick with moniz( if he sticks with us!!) and the long term benefits will be greater than a few crap results.
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 12:05 Post ID: #1805 - in reply to #1786
Shame we didn't appoint him at the start of last season, the massive changes needed would have been easier handle given the safety net of league two if it didn't work out.
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 12:36 Post ID: #1811 - in reply to #1786
The fixtures in September are mostly against sides who have begun as badly or worse than Notts have, but the majority of fixtures in October are with those who've started well including some of the sides you'd expect to be in the promotion mix come April.

The next four weeks should tell us whether or not we really are going to struggle. If we do improve then October will tell us by how much.

Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 13:34 Post ID: #1818 - in reply to #1811
upthemaggies - 1/9/2015 12:36

The fixtures in September are mostly against sides who have begun as badly or worse than Notts have, but the majority of fixtures in October are with those who've started well including some of the sides you'd expect to be in the promotion mix come April.

The next four weeks should tell us whether or not we really are going to struggle. If we do improve then October will tell us by how much.

We don't seem to do too badly against teams better than us. So it could even turn out to be a false dawn.
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 17:34 Post ID: #1844 - in reply to #1786
There was a stat on the radio earlier that along with Notts, there were 3 or 4 other clubs with a similar amount of incoming playing staff. All of us struggling at the wrong end of the table.

I think the form will come, but it will take time for the players to gel, whilst playing a new style of football during imo the most radical change the club has even taken.
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 17:50 Post ID: #1845 - in reply to #1844
Elite Veteran
Suspensions and injuries aren't helping either.
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2015 18:22 Post ID: #1846 - in reply to #1844
Elite Veteran
apieandpint76 - 1/9/2015 17:34

There was a stat on the radio earlier that along with Notts, there were 3 or 4 other clubs with a similar amount of incoming playing staff. All of us struggling at the wrong end of the table.

I think the form will come, but it will take time for the players to gel, whilst playing a new style of football during imo the most radical change the club has even taken.

I also think that things will start to fall into place given time and hopefully without any more suspensions.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Notts County Fixtures  >>